Red Social Innovation
International Resource Centre for Social Innovation
WHAT IS THE OBJETIVE?
RED Social Innovation is an international resource centre for social innovation supported by the French Red Cross and the Spanish Red Cross. Its goal is to test, scale and highlight social innovations created and developed within the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, or by other private or public actors.
WHAT DOES IT CONSIST OF?
For many years, the French Red Cross, through 21, its social innovation Accelerator, and the Spanish Red Cross, through the TECSOS Foundation, have transformed their activities by exploring social and technological innovation. RED Social Innovation is an extension of this approach on an international scale.
The objectives of Red Social Innovation are as follows:
- Sharing good practice of social innovation and transformation within the Movement to withstand socio-economic change.
- Enabling the transfer of skills from innovative National Societies to those in need of support.
- Supporting open inclusive innovation by sharing methods, solutions and results.
- Creating synergies between associations and actors in the Social and Solidarity Economy and the private sector.
In order to achieve its objectives, RED Social Innovation is committed to :
- Publish articles presenting social innovation solutions that meet the innovation criteria established by the French and Spanish Red Cross. These articles are translated into three languages (French, Spanish and English);
- Send a monthly newsletter offering a selection of the best publications from the site. Subscribers can personalize the newsletter they receive by indicating the subjects that interest them most when they subscribe;
- Publish an annual report listing the most innovative solutions tested and developed within the Movement.
In addition to the French Red Cross and the Spanish Red Cross, Red Social Innovation's partners are the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the Solferino Academy of the Movement.
WHAT IS THE STATUS?
The platform has been operational since March 2021 and new solutions are added weekly.
In collaboration with the Stanford Social Innovation Review and the Ashoka network of social entrepreneurs, Red Social Innovation is launching "45 minutes", a series of events to discover impactful solutions to the world's most pressing problems. To access the series of events you can find more information and register on the website: https://red-social-innovation.com/es/
- Web del proyecto: https://red-social-innovation.com/es/
- Twitter: @RED_Social_Inno